Chat commands consists a group of letters preceded by a dash, that if entered in chat (sometimes with a parameter following them), will do specific things.
- "-help" : display a list of commands and their uses
- "-help vote" : display a list of gamemodes
- "-clear " : clear all automated messages from the user's screen
- "-vote X" : only available at the start of the game, cast a vote for the gamemode with the ID X
- "-setname X" : changes your name for the map to X, with up to 30 characters
- "-dashcam" : toggle the camera following your hero during displacement spells
- "-herocam" : toggle the camera following your hero, but disables minimap targeting for an unknown reason
- "-st" : display your attack damage (base + bonus), on-hit magic damage, lifesteal, ability, armor (base + bonus) and movement speed (base + bonus)
- "-spells" : display the scalings numbers of your abilities
- Example : if you have a level 4 Lion's Fang and 100 AD, it'll say "Lion's Fang damage : 245"